We all hit that point during the day where we start to feel like our energy tank is running on empty. This lack of energy can start to affect our productivity as well as our fulfillment and joy of our daily activities.
The fact is, while it is important to eat regularly, it is equally important to eat the right foods.
Your body often tells you exactly what it needs. When you are feeling your energy running low, try eating these 5 foods:
1. Bananas Bananas just might be one of the best foods out there for a quick energy boost. They are a great source of potassium, carbohydrates, and vitamin B6. All of these can help boost your energy levels.
2. Sweet Potatoes Sweet potatoes are a healthy option for carbohydrates, fiber, vitamin A and manganese. They also digest slowly, so you keep a steady supply of energy after eating them.
3. Beans Beans are a great source of fiber, carbohydrates, and protein. Much like sweet potatoes, they digest slowly helping you keep a steady flow of energy.
4. Green Tea Green tea has a ton of health benefits with its high levels of antioxidants. It has caffeine to help five you a boost of energy, but L-theanine to help combat the negative effects (like anxiety and the jitters) that caffeine often brings.
5. Nuts Nuts are a great snack full of proteins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Walnuts, almonds, and other nuts can provide a slow release of energy keeping you going for hours.
There are a ton of great, healthy foods to help boost your energy throughout the day. If you feel yourself dragging between mealtimes, try incorporating one of the foods into your day.