“Fitness is my life. Happiness is my prize”
Fitness is you being physically fit and healthy. A small number of workouts every day can have an immense effect on your happiness. It is known that people who exercise regularly tend to be more cheerful than those who never exercise. Exercise improves your general mood, supports the immune system, and improves the quality of your sleep.
Here are a few ways exercise can make you a fit and happier person.
- Daily exercise acts as a remedy for stress and anxiety. A good amount of aerobic exercise acts as an antidepressant. Even a 10-minute walk can be effective in reducing stress. Exercise helps you to pump more blood and oxygen through your body, relieving tense muscles. Thus your body relaxes, and your mind follows.
Moreover, exercise allows you to have some quiet time. It helps you to come out of negative thoughts that feed depression.
- Regular exercise increases Endorphins. These act as natural pain killers and reduce discomfort and enhance pleasure. Dopamine, a pleasurable habit-forming hormone, is also released by physical activity. It helps to motivate you to take action and work towards things that make you feel good.
- Exercise acts as an energy booster. It strengthens your mental resilience and neutralizes the release of stress hormones. It improves your immunity by circulating white blood cells faster throughout your system and helps in fighting diseases.
- Get better sleep by regular exercise. It helps you to regulate your sleep patterns. Keep in mind that too many workouts in the evening may energize you too much before bedtime. Instead, try Yoga or gentle stretching to improve the quality of sleep.
- Exercise boosts memory and mental capacity. Studies show that exercise increases memory capabilities. So, start a great workout and remember those happy events and memories.
- Exercise helps to boost your confidence. When you workout, you are doing something challenging along with others. This gives you a sense of accomplishment.
You can be more productive at work if you make time for regular exercise. It can be noted that when you do well at your job, you are generally a happy person.
- More exercises lead to having a better mood. According to research, just 20 mins of exercise makes your mood better for at least 12 hours. Source. You will feel more energetic throughout the day, have sharper memories, sleep better at night, and feel relaxed. You will be positive about yourself and your life.
- Exercise can also help you to build resilience. It helps you to cope with the challenges in your life in a healthy way rather than resorting to alcohol and drugs.
- Enjoy the outdoors – It is always nice to go out for a walk outdoors. Outdoor fitness makes you feel more revitalized and energetic. Group walks and group workouts de-stress you more than strolls alone. Working out and being around with friends/partners generally make you a happier person.
Regular exercise remodels your brain by prompting new brain cells and changes the brain chemicals that contribute to positive emotions. Exercise improves health. The feeling of being healthier might make you feel happier.
Be Fit. Inspire others. Share Happiness
Download the Joyscore app for more information on leading a healthy life.