A human brain is not the most effective memory tool and it only agrees with the arrangements that it knows works. I as a person might forget stuff. It’s inevitable. The older and busier we get, the easier it is to forget important things. Sometimes we are surrounded by innumerable thoughts and tasks, that we may not be able to unleash some loose ends and draw a blank on the important things. The world is full of distractions, and it`s all too easy to fall into procrastination which may cause one to lose a good opportunity. Don’t let your memory get in the way of you being productive!
Time is the most important resource. It is imperative for the human race. Every day, there are millions of tasks to be executed, and we are not able to trace a simple yet productive path to get it all done. The tool that tops the time management is the indent list of everyday tasks that one needs to plan and execute within a stipulated time period everyday resulting in consolidating all your tasks in one place.
One tends to get more time and task organized when one religiously follows an every day to do list. Organizing your tasks with a list can make everything easy to manage and more focused. Having a handy list of all your tasks will allow you to think in a better direction than going around the bush. A recent study showed that 15 minutes spent planning could save an hour of execution time.
A to do list can be as bare or as complex as you necessitate. While preparing a to-do list, there are a couple of pointers to remember-
6 important Tips on making a to-do list
- Start easy and make it simple
- Stay specific
- The list should be realistic
- Break it down
- Write down tasks, not goals or objectives
- Assign due dates and revise daily.
A good daily to-do list for an average productive person has between 6-12 tasks on it. The length of your todo list has a huge impact on your productivity. Again, the to do lists are a highly individual thing.
The everyday to do list gets with it both pros and cons but in the last the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Doing this list everyday can lead to stress and overwhelm, especially if the list is long. Lists without structure and prioritization can lead to confusion and inefficient use of time. Interruptions and sudden changes in the work can make your to do list vague and unclear.
There are a plethora of benefits that come from creating a to-do list, below 10 top the list.
- The act of writing out forces us to set concrete goals which will be way more effective than thinking about vague objectives.
- It helps us to remember important information .
- Sets your top Priority resulting in focus on the most important tasks
- Time and task Organized
- Completion of more tasks helps you set higher goals.
- Reduces anxiety resulting in Peace of mind, immense satisfaction.
- Improves productivity by keeping an agenda
- Prearranging your day
- I as a human might forget the to-do list task but the to-do list won’t forget.
- People who are in the habit of jotting down the to-do list and completing the task at the end of the day are able to reap the fruits even in the constrained time.
Hence, start working on your to-do list today. You`ll soon realize that you are less stressed out, more focused, and get yourself more leisure in the day than you ever realized you had! There will be no strenuous concern even if anything remains incomplete at the end of the day, it can be spilled over to the next day`s list. This is an easygoing way of preparing a to-do list for the following day, by analyzing the to-do list of today and swaying forward any task that is incomplete.
In a nutshell, maintaining a to-do list is like having GPS to reach a destination rather than wandering around unaware of your destination.
Keep the right perspective…keep it simple, one task at a time, if possible. To-Do Lists are merely guidelines, not rules…reminders, not LAW.
To be imbibed by everyone for life.